Blog graphics from Because He First Loved Us kit by Misty Cato and Julie Billingsley

Friday, May 4, 2007

Spiritual Discipline

One of the spiritual disciplines that I am lacking is in the area of scripture memory. I remember as a child I could rattle off the books of the Bible in order and had a litany of verses that I had memorized from school and Sunday school. I guess I didn't always know what they meant, but I could recite them along with their references. These days I have a better understanding of the verses because of my life experiences, but I don't always know where to find them. Or I have conversations with people who say 'Well, doesn't the Bible say .....' and I know that I should know!

So, I am going to challenge myself to learn a few verses over the summer. I am hoping that members of the Praise Team and other members of my circle of friends will join me in this.

At practice last night, I shared that one verse I love is Galations 2:20 'For I have been crucified with Christ. I know no longer live, but Christ in me.' That is a life verse of mine. Others that were shared were Jeremiah 29:11, Ephesians 3:7 and Psalm 139.

I would love to hear some of your favorite verses so I can add them to my list of verses of memorize.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mattthew 18:3
“ I promise you this. If you don't change and become like a child, you will never get into the kingdom of heaven. But if you are as humble as this child, you are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And when you welcome one of these children because of me, you welcome me. ”

Gretchen G said...

ROMANS 5:8-
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Susan said...

Matthew 7:7-8
7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

elaine@bloginmyeye said...

And my God shall supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. ~Philippians 4:19